Table of Contents
With a splendid aesthetic range and top-notch performance, the grey quartz worktop is a befitting choice for your kitchen. Quartz worktops are engineered stone surfaces comprising around 85-90% pure mineral quartz and 10-15% of binders and colourants. The higher the quartz percentage, the stronger the quartz worktop will be. Be it in terms of quality, durability, or visual appeal. Several bestselling quartz worktop brands like Silestone, Compac Quartz, Unistone, Caesarstone, Quartzforms, and CRL Quartz exist.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose a Grey Quartz Worktop
- Eye Appeal- The understated elegance and charming visual flow of grey quartz surfaces make them a popular choice for UK kitchens.
- Physical Resistance- Quartz is an incredibly hard, resistant, and inert mineral. Hence, these worktops made of pulverised and vacuum-pressed quartz are highly resistant to wear and tear.
- Stain-Proof- You needn’t worry about spills with a grey quartz worktop. Unlike marble and quartzite, the non-reactive surface doesn’t get stained easily.
- Eco-Friendly- Many leading quartz brands use recycled water, reusable materials, and renewable energy for manufacturing these state-of-the-art yet sustainable worktops.
- Customisable- Being an engineered stone, quartz countertops can be easily customised with decorative edges and varied finishes to suit your décor preferences.
- Easy Upkeep- Simply wipe your countertops with mild, soapy water once a day to keep them sparkly new for years. You don’t need to devote any resources or effort toward additional maintenance.
- Hygienic- Being non-porous, a grey quartz worktop will never absorb liquids, fumes, grime, or bacteria.
- Heat Resistant- The intensive quartz worktop manufacturing process ensures the surface remains non-reactive to hot utensils or equipment.
- Long Warranty- The average warranty period for quartz worktops is 15 to 25 years. The exact term varies from brand to brand. Yet, this is considerably high as compared to other worktop materials.
- Versatile- Grey quartz worktops are available in multiple shades, textures, and patterns. You can take your pick from light grey, dark grey, medium grey, smooth, textured, faint white veins, intense charcoal veins, silvery striations, marble-effect grey, and so on.
4 Inspiring Grey Quartz Worktop Design Ideas For Your Dream Kitchen
- Solid Grey Quartz Worktop- Pair solid grey quartz countertops with sleek white or black handle-free cabinets for a riveting modern minimalism effect. Pendant light and stainless-steel equipment will add to the elegance whilst ensuring simplicity. However, if you prefer bolder décor elements, install a coloured backsplash or bar stools in bold shades like red and navy blue.
- Veined Grey Quartz Worktop- Veined grey quartz is more popularly known as marble-effect quartz. Construct a stunning kitchen island with cascading waterfall edges. Otherwise, go for an ornate look with classic white cabinetry, brass fixtures, and decorative lighting.
- Speckled Grey Quartz Worktop- To infuse a vivacious aura in your kitchen interiors, install grey quartz worktops. Pair them with metal bar stools and exposed brick walls for a rustic, industrial-style kitchen. Yet another great design idea is to opt for open wooden shelving and potted plants for a clean, airy vibe.
- Textured Grey Quartz Worktop- Textured grey quartz is ideal for a Bohemian kitchen with earthy-toned walls and natural wood cabinetry. Use vintage furniture and earthenware to complete the look.
With myriad indoor uses, innovative design ideas, high efficiency, and amazing versatility, grey quartz imparts your living spaces with a stunning makeover. Not just for your kitchen but even your bathroom countertops, laundry room worktop surfaces, and vanity counters, quartz is the ideal material for fuss-free and long-lasting worktops. Being a neutral colour, grey complements all shades and designs of cabinetry, fixtures, fittings, lighting, and window treatments beautifully. Revamp your kitchen interiors with classy yet comforting vibes by installing grey quartz worktops today!